G60 G60
Páginas: [1]   Ir Abajo
  Imprimir  
Autor Tema: Entrevista a Austin Meyer  (Leído 5263 veces)
15 Noviembre, 2016, 12:37:17
Yelmo
Usuario Ocasional
Desconectado Desconectado

Entrevista a Austin Meyer

Entrevista (en inglés) a Austin Meyer:

http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/interviews/interview-avsim-welcomes-austin-meyer-the-ma-r3839

16 Noviembre, 2016, 09:43:52 #1
Luisf
Superusuario

Re: Entrevista a Austin Meyer

Da a entender que está en contacto con empresas que hagan productos para xp, además de PMDG claro, me gusta.

16 Noviembre, 2016, 10:47:04 #2
Hopobcn
Usuario reciente

Re: Entrevista a Austin Meyer

Yo me quedo con estas dos cosas:

TODO de Austin Meyer sobre X-plane 11:
-Faster UI… FEWER mouse-clicks per-operation than the v10 UI.
-Faster load. Faster than v10.
-Faster frame-rate. Faster than v10 FOR THE SAME LEVEL OF DETAIL (though we may already have this, I still want more)
-More updated aircraft and ground vehicles and 3-D airports and the like to really have a detailed, high-quality world that goes on and on and on.
-More perfect refinement for the PRO model: Fast load and good frame-rate with no hiccups or pauses, and a UI that lets PRO users quickly use the sim for flight training.
-More internal re-organization to support unlimited future growth (we already have 64-bit RAM and 3-D weather internally, but more expansion like that inside the code)
-Occulus / Vive to really dive in and experience all of the above in VR.

La forma de trabajar en Laminar research  Huh?:
Austin - Me and my sub-contractors meet every 6 months at a different place in the USA, at one of our houses or a hotel in a fun city. We grab a white board from Staples or the hotel concierge, and argue and yell and fight and whine and try to convince the others until we have our next 6 months of work on the board. Then we snap a photo of the board and those are supposed to be our slave-orders to each other for the next 6 months or so. There is no leader. I am only the leader in name. I am the leader like Geoffery was the leader in Game Of Thrones. Only a leader in name while the real work is done by many, in a continuously-debated ebb and flow of ideology, with the true power coming from whoever writes the code. So we all argue about our plans, come up with what we agree on, distribute the work of our to-do list that we agreed to, run home and get to work, each promising to knock out the part of the job that was assigned to him, with a flurry of emails over who has to do what to get their part of the job done… each so the others can do THEIR part. You see the screw-up happens when it is MY job to make the ground trucks service the airplanes, but the ARTIST has not yet given me the ground trucks to drive, and BEN has not yet given me airport editing tools to define the ground truck parking spots and roads, and JULIAN has not done a bunch of airports with ground-truck parking data, which of course USES the editing tools made by BEN, so JULIAN is waiting on BEN! And then there is a panicked flurry of emails between all of us to see who needs to do what to maximize efficiency to get it all done.

Tags:
Páginas: [1]   Ir Arriba
  Imprimir  

Ir a:  

www.x-plane.es.
Página creada en 0.041 segundos con 18 queries.